Star Trek Discovery felt like a new show in Season 2 – partly thank to the introduction of Anson Mount as Captain Pike – so we’re excited to be able to revisit the series in the upcoming DVD and Blu-ray release when it materialises on 18th November.
After answering a distress signal from the U.S.S. Enterprise, Star Trek Discovery: Season Two finds the crew of the U.S.S. Discovery joining forces with Captain Christopher Pike on a new mission to investigate seven mysterious red signals and the appearance of an unknown being called the Red Angel. While the crew must work together to unravel their meaning and origin, First Officer Michael Burnham is forced to face her past with the return of her estranged brother, Spock.
The boxset will feature all fourteen episodes of the second season, the four ‘Short Trek’ mini episodes and over two hours of additional material.
- Enter the Enterprise – Captain Pike shepherds U.S.S. Discovery through Season Two, but must return to his original command on the U.S.S. Enterprise. The production designer, builders, actors and producers discuss the daunting task of reviving the iconic ship’s bridge.
- Putting it together – Follow the real life Discovery crew through preparation, shooting and posting the amazing Season Two finale. A true in-depth look at the many talents that come together to bring Discovery to life.
- The Red Angel – A major plot point of the season is the Red Angel. Go behind-the-scenes with producers, directors and Sonequa Martin-Green, along with the craftspeople that created it and made it come to life.
- Designing Discovery: Season Two – On a show where no location exists in our world, the production and lighting design teams must create every space. Look at the locations and spaces created for Season Two.
- Prop Me Up: Season Two – Propmaster Mario Moreira takes fans through the world of Discovery props.
- Dress for Success – Each species has its own fashion style dictated by both culture and physical attributes. Gersha Phillips and her team discuss how costumes inform a character and how they create a spectacular array of clothing, uniforms and armor for every kind of species.
- Creature Comforts – Producers, craftsmen and actors discuss the design process, the implementation and the performance required to bring characters to life. Fans can also catch a one-on-one discussion with makeup artist James McKinnon and L’Rell actress, Mary Chieffo.
- Creating Space – There are some shots that simply can’t be done practically when you are set in space. The VFX team, headed by Jason Zimmerman, pushes the envelope every week to create amazing computer graphics to give fans a realistic feel of space.
- Star Trek Discovery: The Voyage of Season Two – A look at the adventures and plot twists encountered in Season 2 by the crew of the Discovery.
- Cast and crew audio commentaries on four episodes
- Deleted scenes
- Gag reel
No season two of Watchmen as Damon Lindelof moves on from the show
Continue the conversation over on The Digital Fix Forum