Jon Favreau to oversee live action Star Wars TV series
More on Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi coming to Blu-ray, 4K Blu-ray and Digital Download in April
- Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars films!
- Watch the first full trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Check out the teaser for the Solo: A Star Wars Story trailer
- A date for the Solo: A Star Wars Story trailer seems to have been set
The new live action Star Wars TV series has found it' showrunner; StarWars.com has revealed that director Jon Favreau will write and executive produce the live-action television arm of the mega sci-fi franchise.
Favreau of course was instrumental in kick starting the Marvel Cinematic Universe with Iron Man, a franchise that, like Star Wars is now owned by the Disney empire.
Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy made the following statement
“I couldn’t be more excited about Jon coming on board to produce and write for the new direct-to-consumer platform. Jon brings the perfect mix of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the ‘Star Wars’ universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity to build a robust talent base."
Jon Favreau added:
“If you told me at 11 years old that I would be getting to tell stories in the ‘Star Wars’ universe, I wouldn’t have believed you. I can’t wait to embark upon this exciting adventure.”
While there is no airdate for the new Star Wars TV series, the Disney streaming service on which it will debut is expected to launch by the end of 2019. This is one series that is sure to get plenty of attention.
In the meantime, you can catch our reviews of the final season animated Star Wars TV Series Star Wars: Rebels weekly, with the latest review here .
Last updated: 08/03/2018 20:41:02