Netflix coming to Sky Q and Now TV devices
More on Netflix
- "I found little scratches on my arms in the morning which I blamed on the teddy bears in the room" We chat with Piercey Dalton
- The Week Of trailer: Chris Rock and Adam Sandler are at each others throats
- The Outsider trailer: Jared Leto joins forces with the yakuza
- Annihilation: Watch the trailer for Alex Garland's new film
- Lost in Space coming to Netflix in April
One of the more disappointing aspects of the Now TV platform and devices was the lack of Netflix support (despite the fact that Now TV boxes and smart sticks are based on Roku hardware and the Roku OS which DOES natively support Netflix).
Thankfully that seems set to change with the news that Sky and Netflix have come to an agreement. Unfortunately Sky+ boxes won't be getting a Netflix app.
For Sky Q users, Netflix content will be exposed on the main Sky Q interface alongside other Sky Q content, whereas for Now TV users the standard Roku Netflix app will soon appear in the app store.
No firm dates have been provided other than this year for the UK and Ireland before the service spreads out across other European territories a little later. Alongside Netflix, Sky Q is also adding both Spotify and fully HDR support in future updates.
Read Sky's full announcement here.
Last updated: 01/03/2018 14:08:19