Game of Thrones: The Complete Series is coming to DVD and Blu-ray in December
HBO have announced that Game of Thrones is set to come to DVD and Blu-ray on 2nd December alongside an extra special Blu-ray collector's edition.
The standard editions will see all eight seasons packaged together, the 'Shadow Box' is a limited edition release that will retail at £413.99 and will feature packaging designed exclusively for the fans of the show by Robert Ball and some additional extra content including 15 hours of bonus features, retail exclusive videos and a never before seen reunion of cast.
A separate release of Season Eight will also be available individually in both a 4K Blu-ray/standard Blu-ray steelbook and separate DVD and Blu-ray editions. No word on 4K releases of seasons 2-7 has been announced.
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection and Game of Thrones: The Complete Series on Blu-ray Bonus Features Include:
- Game of Thrones: Reunion Special: A reunion show shot live in Belfast with the cast, both past and present, hosted by Conan O’Brien and available exclusively on these complete series collections. The reunion special is assembled in segments focused on Houses Lannister, Stark, & Targaryen and concludes with the key players all onstage for their final reflections on the years they shared in Westeros and Essos.
- Bonus content and retail exclusive videos from previously released individual season box sets, totaling more than 15 hours of extra materials for fans to explore when they’ve finished watching the series.
Complete Series and Season 8 formats also exclusively feature:
- Game of Thrones: The Last Watch: A documentary featured on DVD in two parts by filmmaker Jeanie Finlay chronicling the making of the final season.
- When Winter Falls: Exclusive 30-minute featurette with showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, along with major stars and behind-the-scenes players, breaking down all that went into the colossal filming of the “Battle of Winterfell” in Season 8, Episode 3.
- Duty is the Death of Love: A compelling look at how the team behind Game of Thrones and its major stars, including Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage and Emilia Clarke, brought the show to its conclusion in the series finale, “The Iron Throne.”
- Audio Commentaries: 10 Audio Commentaries with cast and crew, including the show’s creators, Benioff and Weiss, on the final season.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes: 5 never-before-seen deleted or extended scenes from season 8.
- Histories and Lore: New animated pieces giving the history and background of notable season 8 locations and storylines.
- 4K Blu-ray