Tom Baker's final season of Doctor Who gets the special edition treatment
More on Doctor Who
The next classic season of Doctor Who to get the special edition Blu-ray treatment is Tom Baker's last one - Season 18. Following the releases of Season 12 (Baker's first) and Season 19 (Peter Davison's debut), we now get one of the finest season runs of the classic series when it is released on 25th February 2019.
Featuring clashes with the Foamasi, Meglos, the Marshmen, vampires and Tharils along with that final fateful confrontation with Anthony Ainley's brilliant take on The Master there are some of the most memorable villains the series has ever produced.
Starring alongside Tom Baker are Lalla Ward as Romana, Matthew Waterhouse as Adric, Sarah Sutton as Nyssa, Janet Fielding as Tegan, Anthony Ainley as the Master, Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah-Jane Smith and John Leeson as K9.
In addition the the whole season 18 run we also get an extra in the form of the pilot episode of K9 & Company.
The gorgeous new set will include the other following extras:
- A new Making-Of documentary and updated special effects for Logopolis
- Logopolis Optional Alternative Footage filmed at Jodrell Bank Observatory
- New 2019 commentaries moderated by Matthew Sweet (Tom Baker on The Leisure Hive, Lalla Ward & Rachel Davies on State Of Decay)
- Surround sound mix for Warriors’ Gate
- Rare behind-the-scenes footage from The Leisure Hive, Full Circle and Logopolis
- Eight more editions of Behind The Sofa
- Brand new documentaries The Writers Room and Weekend With Waterhouse
- A new interview with K9 & Company’s Ian Sears
- Another dip into the Panopticon convention archives with Tom Baker
- HD photo galleries
- Scripts, production files and rare documentation provided as PDFs.
- All material has been remastered for Blu-ray by Peter Crocker and Mark Ayres
- An extensive booklet written by new series writer/content consultant Pete McTighe
The eight-disc box set also includes hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD.