Star Trek Discovery Season One transports onto DVD and Blu-ray this November
More on Star Trek
Star Trek Discovery Season One is coming to DVD and Blu-ray ahead of the return of the second season on Netflix early next year. Non-Netflix Trekkies will be able to pick up discs to add to their collection on 19th November.
Set around ten years before Captain Kirk's five year mission on the Starship Enterprise, Star Trek Discovery Season One charts the events of the war with the Klingons and makes a surprise detour to the mirror universe. The series stars Sonequa Martin Green as First Officer Michael Burnham, Jason Isaacs as Captain Gabriel Lorca, Doug Jones as Lt. Commander Saru, Shazad Latif as Lt. Ash Tyler, Mary Wiseman as one of television's greatest characters Cadet Sylvia Tilly, Anthony Rapp as Lt. Paul Stamets along with guest stars James Frain (Ambassador Sarek), Rainn Wilson (Harry Mudd) and Michelle Yeoh (Captain Philippa Georgiou).
In addition to all fifteen episodes from the first season both the DVD and Blu-ray releases will include deleted and extended scenes alongside the following features:
- DISCOVERING DISCOVERY: THE CONCEPTS AND CASTING OF STAR TREK: DISCOVERY – Interviews with producers, writers and stars of Star Trek: Discovery about casting of the debut season.
- THE STAR TREK THEME – A discussion with Executive Producer Alex Kurtzman and Composer Jeff Russo about creating the Discovery theme and score for the show.
- CREATURE COMFORTS – A behind-the-scenes look at the makeup and prosthetics department on Star Trek: Discovery, as they both modernize well-known Star Trek species like the Klingons, Vulcans and the Andorians, and bring to life a new species, the Kelpiens.
- DESIGNING DISCOVERY – Insight into the production design department led by Tamara Deverell as they create the planets, the world within those worlds and the starships to travel amongst them.
- CREATING SPACE – An exploration of how the VFX team, headed by Jason Zimmerman, pushes the envelope to create the reality of space, planets, and starships for Star Trek: Discovery.
- PROP ME UP – Led by Propmaster Mario Moreira, a voyage through the world of Discovery props, providing an inside look at the design process from inception to set.
- FEEDING FRENZY – A fascinating look at the on-set food stylist who creates a galaxy of cuisine.
- A FEMALE TOUCH – With strong female producers and writers off-screen and powerful female characters on-screen, Discovery exemplifies the groundbreaking inclusionary theme first put forth in the original series.
- DRESS FOR SUCCESS – Costume Designer Gersha Phillips and her team create a spectacular array of clothing, uniforms and armor for every kind of species in the galaxy.
- STAR TREK DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON ONE – A look at the adventures and plot twists encountered in the first season by the crew of the Discovery.