Dalek War Boxset - Extras Revealed
The Restoration Team have now posted full details of the extras to be included in the forthcoming Frontier In Space/Planet of the Daleks boxset, due on October 5th. They are as follows:
Frontier in Space:
• Commentary with actor Katy Manning, producer Barry Letts and script editor Terrance Dicks, moderated by Clayton Hickman.
• Perfect Scenario: Lost Frontier (dur. 30' 04") - A new two-part feature from 'What Lies Beneath' producer Steve Broster and writer David Harley. In the far future, the remaining population of an oxygen-depleted planet Earth lies in enforced stasis in The Field of Dreams, their minds kept active through the work of scenariosmiths. Looking for ideas to help him re-connect to his captive audience, Zed, a young scenariosmith, turns to the world of Doctor Who for inspiration… Featuring interviews with actors Katy Manning, Janet Fielding, Vera Fusek and Michael Hawkins, producer Barry Letts, script editor Terrance Dicks, visual effects designers John Friedlander and Mat Irvine. With Rich Batsford, Mick Broster, Tony Broster, Henry Dunn and Paul Ewing, and the voices of Steve Broster, David Harley and Cathryn Miller. Written by David Harley.
• The Space War (dur. 17' 57") - cast and crew look back at the making of the story. Featuring actors Katy Manning, Vera Fusek and Michael Hawkins, visual effects designers John Friedlander and Mat Irvine. Produced by Steve Broster.
• Roger Delgado: The Master (dur. 32' 35") - a biography of actor Roger Delgado, most famous for playing the Doctor's arch-nemesis The Master from his introduction in 1971 until his tragic death two years later. Featuring previously unseen photographs, rare excerpts from his many BBC TV appearances and interviews with those who knew and loved him. With his wife, Kismet Marlowe, producer Barry Letts, script editor Terrance Dicks, director Christopher Barry, actors Katy Manning, Linda Thorson, Harry Towb, Frazer Hines, William Gaunt and Damaris Hayman, stunt coordinator Derek Ware. Narrated by Stephen Greif. Produced by John Kelly.
• Stripped for Action: The Third Doctor (dur. 16' 05") - the ongoing series looking at the Doctor's comic book adventures reaches his third incarnation. With former Doctor Who Magazine editors Gary Russell and Alan Barnes, comic historians John Ainsworth and Jeremy Bentham, author Paul Scoones.
Planet of the Daleks:
• Commentary wth actors Katy Manning, Prentis Hancock and Tim Preece, producer Barry Letts and script editor Terrance Dicks.
• Perfect Scenario: The End of Dreams (dur. 30' 04") - Continuing his search for inspiration, scenariosmith Zed resumes his studies of twentieth century television's Doctor Who. What he finds will have a profound effect on the lives of all of the remaining sleepers in The Field of Dreams… Featuring interviews with actors Katy Manning, Jane How, Janet Fielding, Bernard Horsfall and Tim Preece, producer Barry Letts, script editor Terrance Dicks. With Rich Batsford, Mick Broster, Tony Broster and Paul Ewing, and the voices of Steve Broster, David Harley and Cathryn Miller. Written by David Harley.
• The Rumble in the Jungle (dur. 16' 46") - cast and crew look back at the making of the story. Featuring actors Katy Manning, Jane How, Bernard Horsfall and Tim Preece, director David Maloney and designer John Hurst. Produced by Steve Broster.
• Multi-colourisation (dur. 10' 47") - a look at the colour restoration of episode three. With producer Barry Letts, Colour Recovery Working Group leader James Insell, 2entertain commissioning editor Dan Hall and colourist Jonathan Wood. Narrated by Glen Allen. Produced by Ed Stradling.
• Stripped for Action: The Daleks (dur. 13' 54") - the ongoing series looking at the Doctor's comic book adventures focuses on his deadliest foes - the Daleks! With TV producer Gerry Anderson, former Doctor Who Magazine editors Alan Barnes and Clayton Hickman, comic historian Jeremy Bentham and author Paul Scoones.
• Blue Peter (dur. 12' 34") - two items from the childrens' magazine programme, featuring an appeal for any information on the theft of two Daleks from the BBC and their subsequent return.
• Plus of course the usual PDF materials (including Radio Times listings, BBC Enterprises sales materials and production drawings), Coming Soon trailer, Programme Subtitles, Subtitle Production Notes and Photo Galleries.
All text copyright Steve Roberts. For further details on the set, including an extensive article on the restoration done on the two stories for this release, check out the Restoration Team's website. Discuss the set on our forum here.
Last updated: 26/02/2018 17:34:59