Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes share the video for new single 'Anxiety'
With less than three weeks until the release of their highly anticipated new album “End Of Suffering” and activity firing across all cylinders, today Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes share the video for new single “Anxiety”.
Following the launch of a recent online initiative #abetterplaceforyouandme, set up by the band in conjunction with mental health charity CALM to provide a safe forum for people to discuss ways of living with and overcoming anxiety, the video features clips shot by fans who submitted their advice and experiences via the hashtag. Presented through a phone screen, the video scrolls through a number of these heartfelt testimonials whilst sharing the songs powerful lyrics.
“Anxiety” is the latest taster from the forthcoming album, recorded with Cam Blackwood (George Ezra / Jack Savoretti) at the helm and legendary mixer Alan Moulder (Nine Inch Nails / Queens Of The Stone Age) sprinkling sonic stardust. Recorded in just six months, “End Of Suffering” - named after the Buddhist term for enlightenment- is the sound of Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes entering an entirely new realm of the senses, a forty minute rock’n’rollercoaster of molten-hot bangers, scorched-soul ballads and grunge lullabies laced through with a lacerating lyrical honesty.
Indeed. In an age of say-nothing pop and codified corporate rock, “End Of Suffering” does what all great music should- lift the spirits and stir the soul. Off the back of a recent live run which has seen the band tour across the UK, EU and support Bring Me The Horizon on their Australian tour, the band will embark on a slew of exciting instore gigs set to take place across the UK next month before high profile slots at the likes of The Great Escape, Primavera, Lollapalooza and Reading & Leeds.
IN STORE DATES
- May 02 - Banquet, Kingston (New Slang) *
- May 04 - Sheffield, Record Junkee - 1pm
- May 04 - Nottingham, Rough Trade - 7pm
- May 05 - Leeds, Crash Records (Brudenell Social Club)
- May 06 - Marlborough, Sound Knowledge - 12pm
- May 06 - Portsmouth, Pie & Vinyl (signing only) - 3.30pm
- May 07 - London, Rough Trade, Village Underground *
- May 09 – Watford, Colosseum *^
* w/ Black Futures
^ w/ Lyoness
All shows are full band unless specifically stated.
- Friday, May 10 – The Great Escape, Brighton – UK
- Wednesday, May 30 - Dauwpop Festival, Hellendoorn - Netherlands
- Saturday, June 1 - Primavera Sound, Barcelona - Spain
- Tuesday, June 18 – Pula Arena, Pula – Croatia (w/ Foo Fighters)
- Wednesday, June 19 – Pula Arena, Pula – Croatia (w/ Foo Fighters)
- Tuesday, June 25 – Horsens State Prison, Horsens – Denmark (w/ Foo Fighters)
- Thursday, June 27 – Koengen Fortress, Bergen – Norway (w/ Foo Fighters)
- Saturday, June 29 – Lollapalooza, Stockholm – Sweden
- Sunday, June 30 – Tuska Metal Festival, Helsinki – Finland
- Friday, July 5 - Down The Rabbit Hole, Ewijk - Netherlands
- Saturday, July 6 – Eurockeenes Festival, Belfort - France
- Thursday, 20 July - Deichbrand Festival, Cuxhaven - Germany
- Friday, 9 August – Fete Du Bruit Festival, Landernau – France
- Saturday, 10 August – Taubertal Festival, Rothenberg – Germany
- Tuesday, 13 August - Sziget Festival, Budapest - Hungary
- Friday 16 August – Pukkelpop Festival, Hasselt – Belgium
- Saturday, 17 August – Summer Sessions, Glasgow – UK (w/ Foo Fighters)
- Monday, 19 August – Vital Festival, Belfast - NI (w/ Foo Fighters)
- Wednesday, 21 August – RDS Arena, Dublin – UK (w/ Foo Fighters)
- Friday, 23 August – Leeds Festival, Leeds – UK
- Sunday, 25 August – Reading Festival, Reading - UK