Teenage Fanclub have today announced the details of the vinyl re-release of some of their classic Creation albums.
Having long been out of print, the group will be releasing remastered versions of Bandwagonesque, Thirteen, Grand Prix, Songs From Northern Britain and Howdy!
Set for release on 10th August 2018, the albums will be remastered for the first time from the original tapes. Each record will include a 7″ single featuring two rarities, favourites or tracks previously unavailable on vinyl, hand picked by the band themselves.
The band will also be heading out on a special tour later in the year. Playing a run of three nights across four cities, they will be playing songs from a different era each night. A limited number of season tickets for all three nights will be available for each city.
The ‘Songs From Teenage Fanclub’ tour will see them play songs from 91-93 on ‘Night 1’, from 94-97 on ‘Night 2’ and from 98-00 on ‘Night 3’. Tickets go on sale on April 27th.
The full list of dates is as follows:
Oct 28 / 29 / 30 – Glasgow, ABC
Nov 05 / 06 / 07 – Manchester, Academy 3
Nov 09 / 10 / 11 – Birmingham, Institute
Nov 13 / 14 / 15 – London, Electric Ballroom
Bandwagonesque Bonus 7″
- Heavy Metal 6 – taken from ‘The King’
- Long Hair – b-side from ‘The Concept’
Thirteen Bonus 7″
- Country Song – previously unreleased
- Eyes Wide Open – from ‘One In Four’ compilation, first time on vinyl.
Grand Prix Bonus 7″
- Every Step Is A Way Through – ‘Neil Jung’ b-side, first time on vinyl
- Some People Try To Fuck With You – ‘Mellow Doubt’ b-side
Songs From Northern Britain Bonus 7″
- Middle Of The Road – ‘I Don’t Want Control Of You’ b-side, first time on vinyl
- Broken – ‘Ain’t That Enough’ b-side, first time on vinyl
Howdy! Bonus 7″
- Thaw Me – ‘Dumb Dumb Dumb’ b-side, first time on vinyl
- One Thousand Lights – ‘Dumb Dumb Dumb’ b-side, first time on vinyl