Happy Birthday Toutpartout
At the end of November there’s an exclusive chance to see a wide variety of TOUTPARTOUT bands on one bill, spread out over three nights. For the TOUTPARTOUT 15 years BIRTHDAY NIGHTS the agency chose to collaborate with London’s Scala and Le Botanique in Brussels. Like Toutpartout, both venues have over the years followed a similar path in promoting alternative music they genuinely believe in.
TOUTPARTOUT 15 years BIRTHDAY NIGHTS will kick off at London’s Scala on Thursday 26th of November featuring:
- THE BLACK HEART PROCESSION (USA): Pall Jenkins and Nathaniel Tobias’ post-Three Mile Pilot’s ultra dark and über-moody indie rock combo
- SCOUT NIBLETT (UK): minimalistic grunge inspired singer-songwriter woman extraordinaire backing herself on drums and guitar –
- SHIT and SHINE (UK/USA): London/Texas based multiple drums bashing ‘n’ trashing stoner orchestra sensation
- GITHEAD (UK): unlikely combination of experimental pioneers super band doing it in a pop ‘n’ roll environment (consisting of Wire, Scanner and Minimal Compact members)
- MONOTONIX (IL): Garage rock savages from Tel Aviv being dubbed the “most exciting live band in rock ‘n’ roll” by Spin.
- DOSH (USA): multi-instrumentalist whiz kid marrying melody and rhythm using mainly keyboards and electronics, also drummer for Andrew Bird
(released on Anticon)
- PHOSPHORESCENT (USA): Athens, Georgia’s alt country singing angel plus band, currently paying respect to Willie Nelson
- TODD (UK): London based shorts wearing bike riding noise masters
Time: 7:30pm until 2am
Admission: £15 in advance. 18+ show.
Tickets: www.ticketweb.co.uk 08444 771 000 or Scalas box office between 10am and 6pm Mon-Fri
On Saturday 28th of November the party will move on to Brussels...
TOUTPARTOUT was founded in 1994 by Belgian music fanatic Steven Thomassen (formerly working for distribution company Konkurrent and driving force behind JJ Records Hasselt and Labelman) and started out as a small booking agency focusing on good alternative music. Ever since they’ve kept their focus on working with genuine artists whose music they love and with which they can build up a good personal and professional relationship. This resulted in TOUTPARTOUT becoming European agent for bands like Wire, Great Lake Swimmers, Dead Meadow, Marissa Nadler, Phosphorescent, Boredoms, Beach House, Shearwater and The Black Heart Procession. They also act as a promoter in Belgium/Holland for Andrew Bird, Fleet Foxes, Dirty Projectors, Peaches, Spoon, Explosions In The Sky and many others. As TOUTPARTOUT bands are constantly touring Europe they built up a network going from some of the smallest and sweatiest clubs to more renowned venues such as The Paradiso in Amsterdam, Le Botanique and Ancienne Belgique in Brussels, La Maroquinerie in Paris or London’s Scala. All summer long their bands are playing festivals over Europe, such as Pukkelpop, Bestival, Glastonbury, Dour, Primavera and Roskilde.