Lloyd Cole and the Commotions box set due
Universal will release a career-spanning box set entitled Collected Recordings 1983-1989 by Lloyd Cole and the Commotions on 29th June.
Housed in a deluxe clamshell box the six disc (5CD + DVD) set features:
* The band’s three studio albums, Rattlesnakes (’84), Easy Pieces (’85) and Mainstream (’87). Rattlesnakes has been remastered from the original tapes by Ian Jones at Abbey Road Studios. Easy Pieces was remastered from ¼ original tapes (best available source) to create the definitive version. Each disc will be housed in replica vinyl slipcases with printed inner sleeves.
* A disc of b-Sides, remixes & outtakes – including 16 b-sides – mostly out-of-print and unavailable digitally - plus two previously unreleased versions of ‘From Grace’ and ‘Brand New Friend’.
* a disc of demo recordings & rarities - includes 16 (out of 18) previously unreleased tracks including six never-before-heard tracks: ‘Down At The Mission’, ‘Eat My Words’, ‘Poons’, ‘You Win’, ‘Old Wants Never Gets’ & ‘Another Dry Day’ plus two previously unreleased tracks produced by Chris Thomas (The Beatles, Sex Pistols, The Pretenders) and two by Stewart Copeland (The Police).
* a DVD featuring all 10 band video promos and 8 performances from Top Of The Pops, The Old Grey Whistle Test & Wogan.
* a 48-page hardback book by journalist and broadcaster Pete Paphides, which tells the unvarnished story of one of the 80s most esoteric groups, based on interviews with all of the dramatis personae including band members Lloyd Cole, Neil Clark, Blair Cowan, Stephen Irvine and Lawrence Donegan, the band’s manager Derek MacKillop, Polydor A&R man Malcolm Dunbar and producers Paul Hardiman and Alan Winstanley – and also features rare and previously unseen photos of the band in their prime.