Expanded Quadrophenia Details Announced
Full details and tracklistings have been announced for the super-duper expanded version of The Who's seminal 1973 rock opera Quadrophenia, due for release on November 14th. The super-deluxe limited edition box set will feature the following:
• Discs one and two – the original double album – 2011 remaster
• Discs three and four – 25 unreleased demo tracks from Pete Townshend’s studio archive giving a unique insight into the original vision for this remarkable body of work. Includes songs that were not included on the original album.
• Disc five - ‘The Quadrophenia 5.1 EP’ - eight track DVD-A re-mixed for surround sound.
• Deluxe 100-page, hard-back book featuring a brand new 13,000 word essay by Pete Townshend, shedding exclusive light on the period before and during the creation of the album, explaining some of the technical processes – the startling and progressive use of synthesisers as well as a revealing insight into the story of the album’s central character - the mod Jimmy.
• Also features Pete’s in depth, track-by-track guide to the demos and a revealing studio diary.
• The stunning book also includes a treasure trove of previously unseen personal notes, photographs, handwritten lyrics and memorabilia from the period, all recently uncovered in Pete’s archive.
• The package also replicates the striking black and white imagery from the original vinyl LP photography and adds never-seen colour out-takes of the famous cover shot.
• Replica 7” vinyl single featuring hit single ‘5.15’ b/w ‘Water’ in a picture sleeve.
• Set of six facsimile memorabilia ‘inserts’ housed in a card envelope.
• 20” x 30” poster.
• Limited edition, housed in a hard-back deluxe slip-case.
To accompany the box set, double vinyl, 2-disc digi-pak and digital versions will also be released.