Do you fancy yourself as the new Eric Clapton?
Derek and the Dominos’ Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs turns 40 this year and to mark this release on March 29th, fans of the classic, budding guitar virtuosos and the musical minded alike are invited to submit their own versions of one of the most iconic riffs in rock music history.
Via the official Facebook page fans are invited to record and upload their rendition of the classic solo to 'Layla': http://www.facebook.com/DerekAndTheDominosOfficial
The entries will be judged by founding member Bobby Whitlock and original engineer Andy Johns, to win a super collector’s edition of the album and one-off canvas of the artwork for this special release.
1) Record yourself on video playing the classic solo to ‘Layla’.
2) Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
3) Join the Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/DerekAndTheDominosOfficial
4) Post your video link on the Derek and the Dominoes official Facebook page wall.
5) The winner will be contacted by private message on April 3rd
The SUPER DELUXE EDITION highlights include:
• Newly remastered and expanded 2-CD set of Derek and the Dominos: In Concert, recorded at the Fillmore East and remastered from the original master tapes.
• Reamastered high-fidelity, 180-gram reproduction of the original vinyl double album,
• A hardcover book, artfully designed with rare and never-seen photographs, and featuring four meticulously researched essays by noted music historian and author Ashley Kahn fashioned from new interviews with Bobby Whitlock, Allman Brothers drummer Butch Trucks, engineer Andy Johns, producer Albhy Galuten, guitarist Derek Trucks; plus historic interviews with Eric Clapton, Duane Allman, and producer Tom Dowd.
• Pop-up 3-D artwork and a high quality Layla art print based on the oil painting that graced the original album cover – “La Fille Au Bouquet” by Emile Theodore Frandsen de Schomberg – which has achieved cultural significance in its own right..
The competition will be open for submission till April 3rd with the winner announced week commencing April 4th.
For Full details of the competition and terms & conditions check out the official Facebook page.