The Feeling : New single, album, tour
*NEW SINGLE – “I THOUGHT IT WAS OVER”
released 11th Feb ‘08
*PLUS UK TOUR
The Feeling are set to release the first single from their second album on 11th Feb ’08. 'I Thought It Was Over' is a pulsing slice of dancefloor guitar-pop in which singer Dan Gillespie Sells sets a love story around the fall of the Berlin Wall.
Says Dan: “I remember quite clearly the fall of the Berlin Wall and the feeling that the world had turned a corner and that there would be nothing to fear anymore. Of course that feeling didn’t last very long!”
The Feeling have also announced a UK tour in March ‘08. The full list of shows is:
07-Mar Birmingham Academy
09-Mar Bristol Academy
10-Mar Nottingham Rock City
11-Mar Newcastle Academy
13-Mar Manchester Academy
14-Mar Glasgow Barrowland
15-Mar Leeds University
17-Mar Southampton Guildhall
18-Mar Cambridge Corn Exchange
19-Mar London Shepherds Bush Empire
Tickets priced £15 and £17.50 (London) will be available from Friday 14th Dec on www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk, www.gigantic.com, box offices and usual agents.
* The Feeling were the No 1 most played band in the UK in 2006. Their four singles “Sewn” (March ‘06), “Fill My Little World” (June ‘06) “Never Be Lonely” (August ‘06) and “Love It When You Call” (November ‘06) were all huge hits.
* The Feeling won the 2007 Ivor Novello Award for “Songwriters Of The Year” in May ‘07.
* The Feeling’s “Fill My Little World” was nominated for Best Single at the 2007 BRIT Awards.
* The Feeling were star turns at the ‘Concert For Diana’, which was staged in front of an audience of 62,000 and beamed to a worldwide TV audience of many hundreds of millions in over 140 countries from the new Wembley Stadium on the 1st July 2007.
* The Feeling’s debut album “Twelve Stops And Home” has now sold 800,000 copies in the UK.
* The Feeling sold 115,000 tickets to their own headline shows over the life of the 'Twelve Stops and Home' and they played to many more at festivals over the summers of 2006 and 2007
* The Feeling have recorded their second album “Join With Us” at a haunted Tudor mansion in Wiltshire. The album will be released in Feb 2008.
*The Feeling are:
Dan Gillespie Sells – vocals & guitar
Richard Jones – bass
Kevin Jeremiah – guitar
Ciaran Jeremiah – keyboards
Paul Stewart – drums
Last updated: 19/04/2018 00:30:49