Oasis To Release New DVD Film
On 29th October Oasis release ‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’, a brand new DVD film. The band are also prepping a new album for release sometime in 2008.
From the press release:
What happens when a film maker follows one of the world’s biggest bands on a year long world tour? What happens when the film maker is granted unique access to that band, is present for the ups and downs, the moments of greatness and the periods of the same interview in 10 different languages in as many days? What happens when that band is Oasis, travelling across 26 countries on their biggest world tour to date playing to a total of over 2 million people?
The answer is ‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’, a double DVD set that not only gives you the definitive feature length documentary seen in selected cinemas last year, but also the option of voice over commentaries from the band, a Noel Gallagher Q & A session with fans from New York City, out takes from the film, and a second 90 minute bonus disc capturing the band’s homecoming show at Manchester City’s Eastlands Stadium together with footage sent in by fans from around the world who attended that show. If you wanted to know what the members of Oasis make of their lives on tour and their audience, then the answers are on these two discs.
Directed by Baillie Walsh who has previously worked with Massive Attack (he made ‘Safe From Harm’), Spiritualised, New Order and Kylie’s Slow, and is now working on a film with Daniel Craig, this DVD set is a compendium of Oasis entertainment par excellence.
‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’ contents:
· Feature length documentary tour film ‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’ in stereo and surround sound.
· Bonus audio commentary – Noel, Liam, Andy and Gem guide you through the film with their recollections of the tour.
· A Noel Gallagher Q&A session with fans runs alongside out-takes from the film.
· Oasis live at City of Manchester Stadium on 2nd July 2005 – sixteen classic tracks shot in HD with stereo and surround sound.
· Bonus Disc also features unique footage and pictures sent in by fans who attended the concert.
‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’ is released on 29th October 2007.
Oasis are currently preparing a brand new album for release in 2008