Iron Maiden announce new album
Iron Maiden have announce details of their new, 16th, studio album The Book Of Souls, to be released on 4th September through Parlophone Records. It was recorded in Paris with their longstanding producer Kevin "Caveman" Shirley in late 2014, with the finishing touches added earlier this year. The 11-track album has a total running time of 92 minutes, becoming the band's first ever double studio album.
We approached this album in a different way to how we've recorded previously. A lot of the songs were actually written while we were there in the studio and we rehearsed and recorded them straight away while they were still fresh, and I think that immediacy really shows in the songs, they have almost a live feel to them, I think. I'm very proud of The Book Of Souls, we all are, and we can’t wait for our fans to hear it, and especially to take it out on the road next year!
We're really excited about The Book Of Souls and had a fantastic time creating it. We started working on the album in late summer 2014 and recorded it at Guillame Tell Studios in Paris, where we'd done the Brave New World album back in 2000 so the studio holds special memories for all of us. We were delighted to discover the same magical vibe is still alive and very much kicking there! So we immediately felt at home and the ideas just started flowing. By the time we'd finished we all agreed that each track was such an integral part of the whole body of work that if it needed to be a double album, then double it's going to be!
The full tracklisting is:
1. If Eternity Should Fail (Dickinson) 8:28
2. Speed Of Light (Smith/Dickinson) 5:01
3. The Great Unknown (Smith/Harris) 6:37
4. The Red And The Black (Harris) 13:33
5. When The River Runs Deep (Smith/Harris) 5:52
6. The Book Of Souls (Gers/Harris) 10:27
7. Death Or Glory (Smith/Dickinson) 5:13
8. Shadows Of The Valley (Gers/Harris) 7:32
9. Tears Of A Clown (Smith/Harris) 4:59
10. The Man Of Sorrows (Murray/Harris) 6:28
11. Empire Of The Clouds (Dickinson) 18:01
Formats include a 2CD deluxe hardbound book limited edition as well as a 2CD standard edition, triple heavyweight black vinyl and both high res (24-bit) and standard res (16 bit) digital audio versions.