Queen announce archive release
have announced the release of Live at The Rainbow '74 for 8th September, a multi-format set of their performances at the London venue that year.
Among the unique material contained in this release are over a dozen tracks never previously released on any official Queen live album. Live at The Rainbow '74 will be available in a range of formats, from a standard two CD package, a DVD, an SD Blu-ray, a gate-fold double vinyl, a quadruple vinyl boxed set, and a super deluxe collector’s edition. This latter package includes two CDs, a DVD and Blu-Ray, a 60 page hardback book containing many rare photographs, and various items of memorabilia such as reproductions of the tickets, show souvenir programme and poster, as well as material from the band members’ personal archives. Vinyl and super deluxe formats are released as limited editions.
One CD featuring the November show
Two CD digi-pack, with one CD featuring the March show and the second CD featuring the November show
DVD or SD Blu-Ray of the November show with four “bonus” tracks from March
Package 4: (released in North America only)
SD Blu-Ray & CD combo box
Limited edition gate-fold double vinyl package, with one LP featuring an audio reproduction of the original March show live album and the other LP featuring highlights from the November show.
Limited edition four vinyl LP boxed set, two LPs featuring the March show and two featuring the November show
Super Deluxe Box - Limited edition Super Deluxe lidded boxed set package containing:
1) Two CDs, one CD featuring the March show and the second CD featuring the November show
2) A DVD and SD Blu-Ray of the November show with four “bonus” tracks from March
3) A 60 page hardback book containing lots of previously unseen photographs, and (among other items), reproductions of two reviews, one from The Times and one from Disc and Music Echo. A series of four articles from the latter publication is also included.
4) Reproductions of two tickets from the March concert (those actually used by Brian’s parents)
5) A reproduction of the tour itinerary folder for the March concert from promoter Mel Bush
6) A reproduction of the 8 page show souvenir brochure
7) Two button badges – reproductions of items available at the concert
8) A reproduction of the purple and gold March concert poster
9) A reproduction of a fashion shoot in The Telegraph Magazine, featuring the band with fashion models.
10) A reproduction of the sticker stage pass from the March concert
Queen Live at the Rainbow will also be available as one disc and two disc eAlbum.