Mad Season set due in April
A deluxe edition of Above, the first and only album to be completed by Seattle-based rock supergroup Mad Season has been announced for 1st April. Formed in 1994, Mad Season were vocalist Layne Staley (Alice In Chains), guitarist Mike McCready (Pearl Jam), drummer/percussionist Barrett Martin (Screaming Trees) and bassist John Baker Saunders (The Walkabouts, Lamont Cranston Band).
The set is a three-disc set comprised of two CDs and one DVD. It includes the original studio album plus previously unreleased tracks from the band's unfinished second album with new lyrics and vocals by Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees), plus the first official DVD release of Mad Season's last show ever performed - Live At The Moore, an unreleased full concert video of the band's New Year's Eve performance from now-defunct Seattle club RKCNDY.
Tracklisting for 3-disc Mad Season Above Deluxe Edition
CD1 – Above tracklist
- Wake Up
- X-Ray Mind
- River of Deceit
- I'm Above
- Artificial Red
- Lifeless Dead
- I Don't Know Anything
- Long Gone Day
- November Hotel
- All Alone
PLUS bonus tracks:
- Interlude (previously unreleased)
- Locomotive (Lyrics/vocals by Mark Lanegan)
- Black Book Of Fear (Lyrics/vocals by Mark Lanegan)
- Slip Away (Lyrics/vocals by Mark Lanegan)
- I Don't Wanna Be A Soldier (remix)
CD2 - Live at The Moore
Previously unreleased full audio set of Live at The Moore performance from Seattle, WA, April 29, 1995.
Includes "Wake Up" "Artificial Red" "I Don't Wanna Be A Soldier" "I'm Above" (featuring Mark Lanegan).
DVD - Live at The Moore + Bonus Footage
Full video set of the Live at The Moore performance from Seattle, WA performance, April 29, 1995. Remixed and remastered for 5.1 sound, and newly edited by director Duncan Sharp.
- Plus, more bonus footage, including a full concert of the band's performance from New Years Eve 1995 at RKCNDY in Seattle, and both performances from the Seattle-based Self-Pollution Radio specials, one newly edited.