‘Arthur’ - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Sony Music announces the release of the Arthur Original Motion Picture Soundtrack on April 25th. The soundtrack features two new songs by Ben Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie), four songs produced and co-written by BRIT winner Mark Ronson and three performed by Australian R&B platinum selling artist Daniel Merriweather. Additionally, the soundtrack will feature a cover of 'Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)' by Fitz and the Tantrums.
"I absolutely love Jason Winer's new take on Arthur, I think the music will be a signature element of the film and I relish the prospect of being a part of that." Mark Ronson
This is the first time that Mark Ronson has produced original material for a motion picture, which includes his collaborations with Daniel Merriweather as well as an instrumental track 'A Harmless Game Of Dress Up', which is performed by the Arthur Orchestra.
The ten-song collection compliments the re-creation of a classic story perfectly. The movie stars Russell Brand, who plays the role of loveable billionaire Arthur Bach, an irresponsible charmer who has always relied on two things to get by: his limitless fortune and the good sense of lifelong nanny Hobson (Helen Mirren). Now, will he choose money, or the woman he loves?
1. "A Harmless Game Of Dress Up" - Arthur Orchestra (produced by Mark Ronson)
2. "A Little Bit Better" - Daniel Merriweather (produced by Mark Ronson)
3. "Where Our Destination Lies" - Ben Gibbard
4. "Dazed" - Daniel Merriweather (produced by Mark Ronson)
5. "Hello I Must Be" - Mark McAdam & Dermot Mulroney
6. "While You Wait" - Mark McAdam
7. "When The Sun Goes Down" - Ben Gibbard
8. "Can't Buy You" - Daniel Merriweather (produced by Mark Ronson)
9. "Pogo" - Eternal Summers
10. "Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)" - Fitz and The Tantrums
The official soundtrack will be released on April 25th through Sony Music with the film opening nationwide on April 22nd.