Exhaustive Sandy Denny Boxset announced
Universal Music: November 8th 2010
19 CD Box Set
Universal Music is pleased to announce the full track listing and final packaging for the much anticipated, strictly limited edition 19 CD box set, simply titled Sandy Denny. 11 of the CDs feature Sandy's complete commercial recordings with Alex Campbell, Johnny Silvo, Fotheringay, Strawbs, Fairport Convention and solo with additional content; outtakes, demos and live recordings. There are 8 further CDs of bonus material; unreleased songs, demos, unreleased BBC recordings, alternate takes, live recordings, acoustic versions, and rare radio interviews. In all, there are over 100 unreleased versions of Sandy’s recordings of which 64 are studio takes, 25 demos and 14 live recordings.
The set is lavishly packaged and features all new artwork. Each CD is housed in an individual gatefold digipak sleeve and comes in a beautiful box packed full of memorabilia including;
· 72 page hardback book containing rare and unseen photos
· A reproduction of one of her notebooks containing handwritten lyrics of some of her best know compositions.
· Extensive biography and annotations to key new tracks found in the Island archive
· Reproduction of a rare A2 colour promo poster for Northstar Grassman and the Ravens
· Copy of the receipt for her first piano
· Copy of an original Island press kit containing press release and 4 press shots for Like An Old Fashioned Waltz
· A collection of bound postcards of never before seen photographs
· Interviews and tributes from artists such as Richard Thompson, Judy Collins, John Renbourn, Bob Harris, Robert Plant, Bill Drummond, Marc Almond, Lee Ranaldo, Rachel Unthank and Jon Boden
A second edition, limited to 100 sets, is available only from the Island 50 web store.
It comes with a framed print of the artwork, signed by the artist, Phil Smee, and individually addressed to each purchaser.
Click on the link below for more details
Last updated: 18/04/2018 14:28:21