The Boxer Rebellion to appear in Drew Barrymore film
Indie band The Boxer Rebellion star in, and feature on the soundtrack of new Drew Barrymore film Going the Distance.
Released on August 23rd on CD and digital formats, the soundtrack includes new music from The Boxer Rebellion and The Airborne Toxic Event and also boasts a great mix of indie-rock tastemakers such as Cat Power, Band of Skulls, Edward Sharpe, The Magnetic Zeros and Passion Pit, interspersed with songs from The Cure, The Pretenders and The Replacements among others.
In what is without question one of the biggest-ever band placements in a major motion picture, The Boxer Rebellion star as themselves and perform two songs from their current album Union as well as an exclusive new track, ‘If You Run,’ written especially for the film.
The movie Going the Distance, a long distance comedy starring Drew Barrymore and Justin Long, hits the cinemas in the UK on August 27th.
01. Generationals - "Either Way"
02. George James - "Places"
03. Katie Herzig - "Hey Na Na"
04. Albert Hammond, Jr. - "In Transit"
05. The Cure - "Just Like Heaven"
06. The Pretenders - "Don't Get Me Wrong"
07. The Boxer Rebellion - "Spitting Fire"
08. Cat Power - "Could We"
09. Band Of Skulls - "Cold Flame"
10. Eels - "Prizefighter"
11. Passion Pit - "The Reeling" (Groove Police Remix)
12. Fanfarlo - "Harold T. Wilkins, Or How To Wait For
A Very Long Time"
13. The Replacements - "Here Comes A Regular"
14. The Boxer Rebellion - "If You Run"
15. Gotye - "Learnalilgivinanlovin"
16. The Airborne Toxic Event - "Half Of Something Else"