Samsung Galaxy S III Details: OFFICIAL!
At last Samsung have unveiled everything about their flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S III. Could it be the best smartphone yet? It's certainly looking good based on the specifications:
- 1.4 GHz Exynos 4 Quad Processor
- Upgraded GPU Vs. Galaxy S II
- 1 GB of RAM
- 4.8 inch HD Super AMOLED Display with 1280 by 720 resolution and a 306 pixel per inch density (retina display like, but bigger)
- Gorilla Glass 2
- 8 MP Camera on the rear; 1.9 MP on the front
- 133 g total weight and 8.6 mm deep with NO chin unlike the S II
- 2,100 mAh battery with wireless charging coming eventually
- 16, 32 or 64 GB internal storage
- Micro SD Slot
- Near field communications in addition to the usual connectivity (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and the like)
- Android 4.0 with TouchWiz launcher as standard
There is much more to learn about the handset now it's official - such as the eye tracking capability or enhanced voice control - but for now let's just realise that this unveiling has met expectations for what is surely the hottest mobile release this year (so far).
The Samsung Galaxy S III will arrive in Europe by the end of May and we at The Digital Fix cannot wait for it!
Thanks to Gizmodo for the image and to learn more head over there, or to Engadget.