Soundcloud like you've never seen it before...
Soundcloud has already revolutionised the sharing of music - giving a platform to artists, fans and labels to distribute their sounds. The site is in the process of being redesigned from the ground up to use more modern browser features to allow for a richer experience.
The new site is now in beta testing via private invite and features the following improvements..
- A more interactive waveform player: The next SoundCloud Waveform puts your sounds at the forefront. More visible, more interactive, and no more comment clutter. Read replies with a single scroll too.
- Profiles redesigned with you in mind: Simpler, more attractive profiles bring the best things into view: sounds, sets, reposts and profile images. Likes and comments are more visible. See which of your friends are following people you find.
- New reposts to share what you hear: Share your sounds even further. New reposts let your friends, fans and followers repost your sounds for others to hear. And sets can be reposted in just the same way.
- Real-time updates from your friends: Keep up-to-date the second something happens with real-time notifications. When someone likes or reposts your sounds, you’ll see right away. Other people can see your activity too.
- Play sounds continuously: Press play and just keep listening. Explore the next SoundCloud while continuing to play sounds from your Stream. Hit the Waveform icon to return to the sound you’re hearing.
- Build sets of music and audio you like: Forget playlists. Sets let you build collections of the sounds you create and like in one Waveform. Share your sets with people, and like and repost other people’s sets too.
- Easier than ever to navigate: The next SoundCloud is even more intuitive. A simplified About section includes only the links you need. Notifications keep you informed. Keyboard shortcuts and volume control make life easier.
- New search with faster, better results: Find new sounds faster with improved search. Search suggestions appear as soon as you type. Improved search algorithms deliver more relevant results faster.
If you're keen to see the improvements you can sign up for a private beta invite at next.soundcloud.com
Last updated: 18/04/2018 08:40:05