Flickr gets an upgrade
Yahoo! has revamped its Flickr photo-sharing service, offering users up to 1TB of storage without a fee. The relaunch also allows users to host longer video clips and higher-resolution photos, with a new app for Android devices also part of the service boost.
The news came shortly after after the company confirmed it was taking over blogging platform Tumblr.
Summary of main features:
* a 1TB upload limit - enough for more than 500,000 six-megapixel photos
* a redesigned user-interface that fills more of the page with pictures
* a new 'Activity Feed' allowing users to see their own recent uploads mixed together with those of their friends
* a new Android app offering a more photocentric design than previously, bringing it closer in line to an iOS update released at the end of 2012
* a larger 200MB limit on the size of each photo - previously, paid-for accounts had a 50MB limit and free accounts 30MB.
* a three-minute cap on playback of video clips rather than the earlier limit of 90 seconds.
Last updated: 18/04/2018 06:01:02