The long awaited first expansion for Civilization VI - Rise and Fall is coming in FebruaryPlatforms: PC
Ever since Civilization II started the trend of expansions on the base game they've become an essential part of Civ fans collections - often completely reinventing and reinvigorating the game in ways that entirely change how they're played. So, suffice to say, fans have been waiting a long time for the first expansion for Civilization VI to appear - and it has finally been announced.
Civilization VI: Rise and Fall will incorporate the following additions and changes...
- GREAT AGES: As your civilization ebbs and flows, and you reach milestone Historic Moments, you will experience Dark Ages or Golden Ages, each providing specific challenges or bonuses based on your actions in-game. Rise triumphantly from a Dark Age, and your next Golden Age will be even stronger – a Heroic Age.
- LOYALTY: Cities now have individual Loyalty to your leadership – let it fall too low, and face the consequences of low yields, revolts, and the potential to lose your city to another civilization, or its own independence. But one civilization’s loss can be your gain as you inspire Loyalty among cities throughout the map and further expand your borders.
- GOVERNORS: Recruit, appoint, and upgrade powerful characters with unique specialization bonuses and promotion trees to customize your cities, and reinforce Loyalty.
- ENHANCED ALLIANCES: An enhanced alliances system allows players to form different types of alliances and build bonuses over time.
- EMERGENCIES: When a civilization grows too powerful, other civilizations can join a pact against the threatening civilization and earn rewards, or penalties, when the Emergency ends.
- TIMELINE: Review your civilization’s history at any time with the new Timeline feature, a visual journey through the Historic Moments that you encountered on your path to victory.
- NEW LEADERS AND CIVS: Nine leaders and eight new civilizations are introduced. Each brings unique bonuses and gameplay, as well as a total of eight unique units, two unique buildings, four unique improvements, and two unique districts.
- NEW GLOBAL CONTENT: Eight new world wonders, seven natural wonders, four new units, two new tile improvements, two new districts, fourteen new buildings, and three new resources have been added.
- IMPROVED GAMEPLAY SYSTEMS: The Government system has been enhanced with new Policies and additional improvements have been made to existing systems.
It's quite an exciting list and it'll certainly impact on the balance of the base game. Check out the announcement trailer below...
We've got a small gallery of screenshots to share too...
Civilization VI: Rise and Fall is coming to Windows PC on 8th February.