Fortnite update brings Respawn Vans and some new Limited Time ModesPlatforms: PC | Sony PlayStation 4 | Microsoft Xbox One | Android | iOS | Nintendo Switch
The latest Fortnite update is here bringing with it not only the latest weeks Battle Pass challenges, but also an Apex Legends inspired respawn mechanic.
Limited to team based modes that don't already have automatic respawning (so Duos and Squads) you have 90 seconds to collect the 'respawn card' of fallen team mates; which you must then deliver to a 'respawn' van in an attempt to revive them. The process can take up to ten seconds to complete which leaves you susceptible to enemy players; so use of the vans is likely to be driven by how good the fallen player is and whether you can survive without them.
In addition to the vans, the latest update adds a Buccaneer's Bounty event which will have a series of limited time modes with new challenges attached. This event runs until 15th April.
The latest update also features a swathe of bug fixes and updates including:
- Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented weapon fire from queuing for shotguns after switching weapons without re-pressing the fire key.
- Fixed an issue where if a Clinger is attached to a player and they entered a Baller that it wouldn't deal damage.
- Fixed sniper rifles playing fire animations twice per shot from the point of view of other players.
- Fixed grenade projectile trajectories lagging behind slightly when moving and rotating.
- Fixed Traps not activating if a player blocks line of sight with a structure but then the structure is destroyed.
- Fixed Balloon sound effects occasionally playing when entering a vehicle without Balloons active.
- Fixed an issue with single shot weapons not reloading properly while in targeting mode.
- Fixed Peppers not granting movement speed while walking.
- Fixed Minigun Rev Up/Down sound effects persisting after boosting on a Driftboard.
- Fixed an issue with Ziplines after using a Launch Pad that could cause the player to jump higher.
- Fixed an issue with players getting knocked backward when firing the Pirate Cannon upwards.
- Fixed Pirate Cannons getting stuck in an indefinite horizontal rotation.
- Fixed an issue with Boom Bow not showing up with the Visualize Sound Effects option.
- Fixed an issue with vehicles shot by Boom Bow not playing hit notification sound effects.
- Fixed an issue with the Boom Bow having longer than expected projectile trail effects.
- Fixed an issue with Boom Bow projectile effects occasionally flying through enemies.
- Fixed a spelling error in the elimination feed with Boom Bow.
You can read the full list of patch notes for Fortnite v8.30 here.