Dragon Quest's Hero is available today in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Version 4.0.0 detailedPlatforms: Nintendo Switch
In what was a refreshingly laid back, unscripted Super Smash Bros. Ultimate video presentation from series director Masahiro Sakurai, the tireless and iconic developer revealed all regarding Hero from Dragon Quest's introduction into the fighting game. Including when the the new fighter will enter the fray, which just so happens to be today!
Yes, if you have the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighter Pass you'll be able to download and play as Hero today, July 30th.
Check out the 22 minute video presentation below for all the in-depth details about Hero's move-set.
The Hero comes in four variations, each a Hero from a different Dragon Quest title. You'll be able to play as Eleven, Arusu, Solo, and Eight. All four heroes are voiced by different voice actors.
Alongside the Hero addition, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is also getting four new Mii Fighter costumes based on the Dragon Quest series. Players will get costumes for Veronica (Swordfighter), Erdrick (Swordfighter), Martial Artist (Brawler), and Slime (Hat). All Mii Fighter costumes will also be available today, July 30th.
The new Fighter wasn't the only focus of Sakurai's presentation, Version 4.0.0 of the game was also detailed, with some interesting new features on the way:
- The Final Smash Meter will now have a time limit, forcing players to have to think about when to use their Final Smash.
- Adventure Mode is getting a 'Very Easy' difficulty setting.
- Players can now predict which way a game will go in Spectator Mode, winning items if their prediction is correct.
- An Online Tourney Mode has been added. The rules of the game will change periodically, and Special Event Tourneys will be held from time to time.
- The Video Editor has been upgraded too, with Screenshots now able to be inserted into videos, and videos will now also be able to be played consecutively.
The next Fighter scheduled to release after Hero is the much-anticipated Banjo-Kazooie, which is coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in "fall 2019".