Battle Princess Madelyn looks awesome - and it comes from the mind of a 7 year old!
Retro platforming fans are spoilt for choice right now, but few games have us as excited as the upcoming Battle Princess Madelyn - the Ghosts n Goblins-esque side scroller looks gorgeous. And, it is co-created by a 7 year old!
The Kickstarter funded game was devised by 7 year old Madelyn Obritsch and her father and Casual Bit Studio founder Christopher Obritsch is the man turning Madelyn's dreams into reality.
As the Kickstarter page outlines...
Set in the vein of Ghouls N' Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap, the instantly classic and familiar gameplay will transport old-school gamers back to their heyday. The self-adjusting difficulty will allow for even the most novice of gamer to pick up and play!
Join Madelyn as she battles through graveyards, swamps, castles, countryside and more! Polished gameplay, breathtaking visuals, jaw-dropping dual soundtracks and epic adventures await!
Battle Princess Madelyn includes the following features...
- A mix of fast-paced classic arcade action, with adventure elements of classic games from the golden age of console gaming..
- Highly detailed hand drawn pixel art brought to life by the magical lighting of the Unity Engine.
- Battle Princess Madelyn can be played through quickly as an arcade game, or for the full experience plays can stop at towns to help the locals! How you play to complete the story depends on your personal choice!
- Find all of the collectibles hidden throughout the stages for extra rewards, and additional hidden stages!
- 10 levels, each of which includes up to 5 stages - including 1 or 2 branching hidden stages. Heavily detailed stages full of puzzles, dangerous platforming, and various game play styles!
- Fully re-playable stages at any point - if you've unlocked it, you can play it as much as you want!
- Combo meters for destroying and juggling enemies!
- 10 types of weapons which change with the 3 sets of armor found in game!
- Up to 10 unique enemies per level!
- Your ghostly dog companion, Fritzy, gains powers as you progress through the game, allowing you to unlock puzzles and otherwise inaccessible areas of stages!
- Special weapons for special occasions! If an area calls for a unique ability, search the area for the needed item!
- An original story written by a professional children's author.
- A story that spans the globe and time! A story told by her grandfather while she is sick, Madelyn will experience life as her magical portal traveling counterpart and will save her family - no matter where they are in the world.
Battle Princess Madelyn is coming to PC, Xbox One, Playstation 4, Switch, Wii-U AND PS Vita - that's an impressive array of platforms for an indie game - and is now in the final rounds of testing ahead of release.
Last updated: 05/07/2018 12:36:18