Cities Skylines embraces the Park LifePlatforms: All
Our favourite city builder is getting another new DLC with the upcoming Cities Skylines: Parklife pack. Parklife brings with it a huge array of new functionality including the ability to build whole theme parks with rollercoasters! It also brings with it sightseeing bus routes, zoos and loads more.
Here's a full breakdown:
- Parks and Recreation: Use the new park area tool to create park districts wherever there is empty land, and new city services like Park Maintenance, which boosts happiness and effectiveness, and helps level up parks.
- Brick by Brick: Customize your city with new buildings and assets, including a new sightseeing bus line, new service buildings, fresh attractions like amusement parks, nature reserves, city parks and zoos. There’s also a regal new monument, the Castle of Lord Chirpwick.
- Freeway Free for All: For the first time in Cities: Skylines, you can place buildings next to paths in the park districts (not just next to roads). Props can be placed anywhere inside park areas.
- Recesses Between Buildings: Transform those empty spaces between your buildings into vibrant parks and gardens.
- It’s a Walk in the Park: Customize routes and set ticket prices for new walking and sightseeing tours, among other tourism enhancements.
- Policies, Please: Take on three new city policies and eight new park policies to deal with recreational hazards like Fireworks and Animal Ethics.
Even better, the core game is getting a free update including a new tourism panel, trees that reduce noise pollution, a camera mode upgrade, new tourist models, and new modding features, including submeshmodding and an improved camera system so users can control the camera with scripts.
Cities Skylines: Parklife is being released on PC on 24th May.