Doctor Who: The Edge of Time gets a new trailer and Developer DiaryPlatforms: Sony PSVR | PC | Oculus Rift | Oculus Quest
Today we finally got some new news regarding the upcoming PSVR title, Doctor Who: The Edge of Time. It comes in the form of a new trailer and a new developer diary. The trailer gives us the best look so far at what the game will entail, it looks like you will be solving puzzles and doing what most Doctor Who fans want, to be able to pilot the famous TARDIS. Here is the trailer for you to feast upon.
Some juicy details were also revealed by the developers Maze Theory, they are as follows.
- Become part of Doctor Who - a thrilling single-player adventure developed by Sony London alumni (VR Worlds, The London Heist, Blood and Truth), Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will immerse players in Doctor Who like never before as they travel across space and time to save reality.
- Wield the Sonic Screwdriver - with exhilarating moment-to-moment gameplay, wield the Sonic Screwdriver to solve fiendish puzzles and traverse a dangerous universe full of challenges, enemies and wonder.
- Stunning cinematic visuals - from the Dalekanium of a Dalek’s shell, to the stone-cold terror of a Weeping Angel, experience stunning visuals that bring the show to life!
- Doctor Who talent - featuring Jodie Whittaker as the voice of the Doctor and Nicholas Briggs as the voice of the Daleks, in a story written by Gavin Collinson, Digital Producer for Doctor Who and Writer
- Oculus Quest support - experience the next level of immersion with Oculus Quest, as you explore the Doctor Who universe without boundaries in untethered virtual reality
We have also attached the second Developer Diary for your perusal. It shows how Maze Theory transformed Doctor Who from a TV show into a full VR adventure and their favourite moments from within the game.
Hopefully, Doctor Who: The Edge of Time will release soon and we should have a review for you to follow. It certainly looks like it will be a faithful recreation of a lot of peoples favourite sci-fi show and we are hoping it will be a fun virtual reality romp to boot.