Football Manager 2014 Announced!
Sports Interactive and SEGA Europe Ltd. today unveil Football Manager 2014 the most feature-packed and technically advanced release in the series’ history. Benefiting from more than 1,000 improvements and enhancements over its most recent predecessor, Football Manager 2014 is the most realistic simulation of football management ever released, they say.
In addition to enhanced gameplay, Football Manager 2014 also delivers a range of technical innovations, with the game available on Linux for the first time and the introduction of ‘cloud save’ technology, which means that managers can now pursue a single career from any computer, anywhere in the world.
The FM experience is also more customisable than ever before, as the integration of Steam Workshop tools make it easy for managers to create and share customised FM content and experiences such as photo/logo packs, new and custom competitions and even tailor-made in-game challenges using the new Challenge Editor which has been incorporated into the free-to-download Pre-game Editor.
“Our unchanging goal in the development of the Football Manager series is to deliver the most authentic and immersive simulation of real-world football management wherever you may be in the world,” says Sports Interactive’s Studio Director Miles Jacobson. “Players can now take charge of their team anywhere they can access a home computer, and with huge improvements to existing features plus the addition of loads of new stuff, can have the best Football Manager experience to date while doing so.”
Some significant FM 2014 highlights include:
- An improved 3D Match Engine
- A tactical overhaul
- More realistic transfers and contracts
- More sophisticated board interaction
- More complex interaction between staff, players and rival managers
- A revamped news system
- An enhanced user interface
- Evolution for Classic mode
- Additional community features
- Extensive tech improvements
Football Manager 2014 will be released for Windows PC, Mac and Linux before Xmas 2013.
Fans who pre-order a copy of FM 2014 from a participating retailer (high street or digital download) will enjoy early access to a fully-playable Beta version of the game, available roughly two weeks prior to the official release date. Careers started in this Beta version will continue in the full game. A list of participating retailers can be found here.
Some more juicy info can be found by way of the following over the coming weeks and months:
- From August 15th 2013, Miles will be tweeting about one of 50 new features every week day that aren’t included in the main announcement. You can follow him on Twitter @milessi.
- From Monday 19th August, @footballmanager on twitter will be playing Football Manager feature roulette, tweeting 5 new features every week day.
- Every Friday, a roundup of the week’s social media announcements plus an in depth video of an already announced feature set will go live on the FM website (www.footballmanager.com), on the official Football Manager facebook page and on the Football Manager forums. This will be known as Football Manager Friday and we will send you the roundup as a weekly FM14 update.
- All new feature tweets from Miles’ personal account and @footballmanager relating to the above will use the hashtag: #FM14info
Last updated: 18/04/2018 05:24:17