Imperator: Rome is coming to PC in AprilPlatforms: PC
Paradox have announced the release date for their next strategy epic, Imperator: Rome. The game will launch on PC on 25th April 2019. To celebrate they have shared a new trailer which you can watch above.
Features of Imperator: Rome include:
- Challenging but familiar classical setting: Rome does not yet dominate Italy. Carthage manages dozens of vassal city states in a naval empire. The mantle of Alexander is disputed by kings in Macedonia, Egypt, Anatolia and Persia. India bows to Chandragupta’s Mauryan might.
- Unique Government Mechanics: Kings will find they have a freer hand to do as they please than a consul in a republic, but with fewer political outlets, monarchies may breed traitors more quickly.
- Most detailed Paradox map yet: Hundreds of towns dot the map, some with fortresses or ports to emphasize their strategic importance. Each province’s population will ultimately determine its value and purpose in the empire.
- Population management: Citizens, freemen, slaves and tribal populations bring benefits to your empire, but also burdens if the influx of cheap foreign labor strains your research or food supply.
- Flexible trade system: Exchange surplus goods from far across the sea to satisfy your people or build better armies, or keep your surplus for added bonuses at home.
- Cultural Military Traditions: Different cultures will evolve their armies in different ways. Embrace the Parthian horse archer as a Persian nation, strengthen your triremes as a Punic power or trust everything to the heavy infantry as a Roman.
- Battle tactics: Choose how your general will approach the coming battle, making the most of force composition and terrain. Use your light infantry to skirmish advantage in rough ground. Gamble on a full assault in open plains.
- Manage of court of hundreds of characters: Watch and guide hundreds of characters through three centuries of history. Families will rise and fall in prominence. Some will be heroes, some will be traitors. Create new legends that will sing through time.
- And Much More: Dynamic events, scheming against rivals, beautiful art and music, barbarian migrations, inventions, religious ideas, laws, royal pretenders and other features to fill in a rich ancient mosaic.