Bee Simulator holds a lot of promise!
We're liking the look of Bee Simulator - it seems to us that it could be striking the right balance between simulating the life of an insect and actually providing enough game to make it appeal to a wider audience. It looks lovely too.
Łukasz Rosiński, Creative Director of Varsav Game Studios says of the inspiration behind the game, "One evening, when I was reading a book about bees to my daughter, I realized that the life of a family of bees is a premade script waiting for a family game. As a parent, I find it important to spend time together on activities we all find interesting and attractive. We designed the Bee Simulator to be such a game”
"Through the game, the players will learn fun facts about the life of bees, and explore a beautiful world from the perspective of a tiny insect. The split-screen mode will allow you to get to know your colony in a cheerful and entertaining way. We made sure that controlling the flight of the bee will be intuitive for even the youngest players” he continues.
The game features:
- A unique chance to see the macro scale world from the micro perspective of a honeybee;
- A realistic representation of a place inspired by Central Park;
- Three diverse modes enriched with educational elements:
- Single-player story mode presents you with a family of bees. Can you save the hive from the threat of human beings?
- Exploration mode allows you to freely discover a world inspired by Central Park in New York.
- Split-screen mode can be either used for cooperation or competition. It includes an additional map that makes the game even more fascinating.
- A possibility to interact with the surroundings: people, animals, plants, and other insects;
- Lack of violence – it's a perfect choice for parents seeking a game to safely play with their children;
- Relaxing music composed by Mikołaj Stroiński, who was responsible for the soundtrack of such games as The Witcher 3 and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.
Bee Simulator is coming to PC this year with Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Switch to follow at a later date.