Zombie Flesh Eaters in December
Arrow Video will release Lucio Fulci's Zombie Flesh Eaters on 3 December 2012. Painstakingly restored from the original camera negative and presented fully uncut, the press release boasts how this release stands-out as one of Arrow's "biggest ever (and best looking) restoration projects".
Available as a Limited Edition Steelbook (complete with limited edition artwork), Limited Edition Slipbox (with 4 alternate artworks – available exclusively from arrowfilms.co.uk), and as standard edition Blu-ray and DVD, these releases will contain a wealth of special features, additional collector’s material and never-before-seen extras, including optional English / Italian opening titles, a UK exclusive introduction to the film from lead actor Ian McCulloch, and a number of brand new featurettes.
The full list of content follows...
- A brand new high definition restoration of the original negative with optional English and Italian opening titles
- Optional English SDH subtitles for English audio / a new English subtitles translation for Italian audio
- Optional original, restored Italian and English Mono 2.0 audio
- Audio commentary with screenwriter Elisa Briganti, moderated by Calum Waddell
- Audio commentary with Fulci biographer Stephen Thrower and horror expert Alan Jones
- UK exclusive introduction to the film from Ian McCulloch
- “ALIENS, CANNIBALS AND ZOMBIES: A TRILOGY OF ITALIAN TERROR” – Actor Ian McCulloch remembers his three classics of Latin horror lunacy - ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS, CONTAMINATION and ZOMBI HOLOCAUST
- “FROM ROMERO TO ROME: THE RISE AND FALL OF THE ITALIAN ZOMBIE FILM” – Veteran Fulci screenwriters Dardano Sacchetti (THE BEYOND) and Antonio Tentori (CAT IN THE BRAIN), celebrated UK critic Kim Newman and filmmakers Luigi Cozzi (CONTAMINATION), Ruggero Deodato (CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST), Russ Streiner (NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD) plus many more share memories of the genesis of corpse -crunching cinema - from Romero's early templates to the gory glory days of Fulci and his many successors.
- “THE MEAT MUNCHING MOVIES OF GINO DE ROSSI” – The special effects magician behind many Italian splatter classics talks about his most famous gore-drenched greats - and shows props from many plasma-packed masterworks - including ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, CANNIBAL FEROX, BURIAL GROUND and PIRANHA II.
- “ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS - FROM SCRIPT TO SCREEN” – Dardano Sacchetti shows key pages from his original ISLAND OF THE LIVING DEAD screenplay.
- Trailers and TV spots
- Collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by Fulci biographer Stephen Thrower, a new interview with star Olga Karlatos by Calum Waddell, a history of Zombie Flesh Eaters and the BBFC by Craig Lapper, one of the board’s senior examiners, and extracts of the original ‘Nightmare Island’ 1978 script including unfilmed, alternate, and more gory sequences as well as a Lucio Fulci CV compiled by Jay Slater.
- “MUSIC FOR A FLESH FEAST” – Q&A with composer Fabio Frizzi from the Glasgow Film Theatre in August 2012, hosted by Callum Waddell and Nick Frame.
The discs are listed as Region B / Region 2.
Trailer and artwork follow...