Winnie the Pooh (US) in October
Disney have announced the US DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Winnie the Pooh on 25th October 2011. Disney returns to the Hundred Acre Wood to reunite audiences with the philosophical “bear of very little brain” and friends Tigger, Rabbit, Piglet, Owl, Kanga, Roo – and last, but certainly not least, Eeyore, who has lost his tail.
Available on 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (BD, DVD & Digital Copy), 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (BD+DVD) and plain old DVD, SRPs are $44.99, $39.99 and $29.99 respectively. Extras are outlined below...
- Exclusive bonus short “Mini-Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: The Balloon” – In this charming short, Pooh comes up with a daring plan to get a hold of some honey by fooling a group of bees.
- “The Ballad of Nessie” - The animated short film included in the theatrical release is the heartwarming tale of how Nessie found her new home in the Loch Ness.
- “Winnie the Pooh and His Story Too” – A fun and informative behind-the-scenes look at the film, designed for the whole family. Hosted by John Cleese (narrator of the film), and with occasional help fromPooh himself, this featurette explores Winnie the Pooh’s history from his beginnings as a character in a book, to his continued life in the movies. The filmmakers reveal how they worked to keep the look of the characters and settings in this movie consistent with their first appearances on-screen in1966. Pooh, being a bear of very little mind, finds much of this confusing, but the Narrator and the filmmakers make it all clear to Pooh – and you!
- Deleted Scenes introduced by directors, Stephen Anderson and Don Hall – 5 deleted scenes including “The Tummy Song,” “”Rabbit’s Friends and Relations,” “Original Eeyore Intro,” “Original Tigger Intro” and “Pooh Searches for a Tail”
- Sing-Along with the Movie – Follow the red balloon and changing word colors to seven song lyrics featured in the film.
- Disney Song Selection – “Winnie the Pooh Theme Song,” “The Tummy Song, “A Very Important Thing To Do,” “The Backson Song,” “It’s Gonna Be Great,” “Everything is Honey” and “The Winner Song Finale”
- “Mini-Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: The Balloon”
- “The Ballad of Nessie”
- Deleted scenes introduced by directors, Stephen Anderson and Don Hall – 3 deleted scenes including “The Tummy Song,” “”Rabbit’s Friends and Relations” and “Pooh Searches for a Tail”