Troy Director's Cut (R2) in October
Warner Home Video have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Troy (Director’s Cut) on 1st October 2007. Warner brings you director Wolfgang Petersen's new director’s cut version of his epic film Troy. With 30 minutes of new footage, Troy (Director’s Cut), including special features from its first DVD release, will be available in collectible O-sleeve packaging.
"The raw power of Homer, the sex, the brutality and the uncompromising battles really come to life in this version," says Petersen. "We went back to the way I first envisioned the film, when the full energy and impact of each scene had time to play out. Now, with great new visuals and sound design, audiences are going to have a deeper emotional experience of this literary classic. Thanks to Warner Home Video for giving me the opportunity to restore the creative integrity of my original vision."
Features are as follows…
Disc 1: Main Feature
- Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
- English DD5.1 Surround
- Troy Revisited: An Introduction by Wolfgang Petersen
Disc 2: Extra Features
- Troy in Focus: Eleven part featurette focusing on adapting Homer, On set with Brad Pitt, casting Helen of Troy and more
- In The Thick of the Battle: Discovering how Troy's epic battle sequences were created, from thousands of warrior-extras training in the scorching heat of Mexico, to fierce one-on-one duels to the death
- From Ruins to Reality: Exploring how the ruins of ancient Troy were unearthed and how Troy's production design magicians created their own version of this breathtaking, legendary city
- Troy: An Effects Odyssey: Secrets of Troy's stunning visual effects are revealed, from conjuring a staggering 1,000 ship armada on the open seas, to producing the bone crunching sound effects of brutal ancient warfare
- Attacking Troy: 3 part featurette Homer: A Story for the Ages, Designing a Fighting Style and Flipping the Chariot
- Greek Ship Towing
- Theatrical Trailer