Toy Story 3 (R1/US BD) in November
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment have announced the US DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Toy Story 3 on 2nd November 2010. Pixar’s latest takes the gang to infinity and beyond as Woody (Tom Hanks) and Buzz (Tim Allen) are joined by old favourites and new friends in the third film in the series.
There are 3 versions available. SRPs are $45.99 for the 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy), $39.99 for the 2-Disc Blu-ray, and $29.99 for the Single Disc DVD.
Also available on 2nd November is the Ultimate Toy Box 3-Movie Collection which includes Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) versions of all 3 Toy Story movies. This is priced at $100.
Toy Story 3 details follow…
- Day & Night – The innovative and entertaining short from the imagination of Pixar artist and Director Teddy Newton.
- Toys! – A closer look at all of Toy Story 3’s beloved toys from updating the classic characters to the creation of the Sunnyside Daycare and Bonnie’s Room toys.
- Buzz Lightyear Mission Logs: The Science of Adventure – Produced in conjunction with NASA, this hybrid animation documentary of Buzz’s visit to the International Space Station focuses on research in zero gravity and Buzz’s triumphant return to Earth.
- Paths to Pixar: Editorial – Pixar editors, past and future share anecdotes about their careers.
- The Gang’s All Here – A touching look at the returning voice talent for Toy Story 3 and an introduction to the voices of the new characters.
- A Toy’s Eye View: Creating A Whole New Land – A sneak peek at the new Toy Story-themed playland at Hong Kong Disneyland.
- Studio Stories – A series of amusing animated anecdotes about life at Pixar.
- “Where’s Gordon?” – An animator finds a hidden room at Pixar.
- “Cereal Bar” – The majestic and expansive Pixar cereal bar is explored.
- “Clean Start” – The Toy Story 3 animators shave their heads to mark the start of the film.
Blu-ray Combo Pack: Everything on the DVD plus…
- Toy Story Trivia Dash – This cool game challenges you to sprint to the finish with Woody, Buzz, Jessie and Rex as you quickly answer questions about all three Toy Story movies.
- Cine-Explore – Commentary by Director Lee Unkrich and Producer Darla K. Anderson.
- Beyond the Toybox: An Alternative Commentary Track Featuring Leads from Story, Tech, Art and Animation – Commentary by Story Supervisor Jason Katz, Supervising Technical Director Guido Quaroni, Production Designer Bob Pauley and Supervising Animators Bobby Podesta and Michael Venturini.
- Beginnings: Setting A Story In Motion – Screenwriter Michael Arndt analyzes successful opening scenes from Toy Story, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles.
- Bonnie’s Playtime: A Story Roundtable – A roundtable discussion with Director Lee Unkrich and the story artists who brought the “Bonnie’s Playtime” scene to life.
- Roundin’ Up A Western Opening – The development of the movie’s exciting opening scene.
- Life Of A Shot – Toy Story 3 artists and technicians describe their contributions to a few of the shots in the film’s “Western Opening.”
- Goodbye Andy – An exploration of character design, acting and animation in the scene “Andy’s Goodbye.”
- Accidental Toymakers – By creating the Toy Story characters, the Pixar filmmakers found themselves in the unlikely role of toy designers. Meet the toy company that took a chance on manufacturing the now iconic toys and learn of their incredible success that began with a modest number of Woody and Buzz Lightyear toys 15 years ago.
- Making of Day & Night – The story behind the unique 2D/3D blended short.
Audio options are:
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HD MA; French and Spanish DD5.1 EX
DVD: The press release notes different audio options depending on which regional version you opt for:
US – English DD5.1 EX
US Spanish – English and Spanish DD5.1 EX
Canadian – English and French DD5.1 EX