The Texas Chain Saw Massacre R2 UE in November
Second Sight have announced the UK Region 0 DVD release of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre ‘3 Disc Seriously Ultimate Edition’ on 3rd November 2008 priced at £19.99 RRP. Tobe Hooper’s horror classic tells the story of a group of friends who take a road trip and find themselves at the mercy of a depraved cannibalistic Texas clan.
This 3-Disc Ultimate Edition release features limited edition steelbook packaging, multiple extra features and the film remastered from a high definition transfer and featuring 5.1, stereo and restored original mono audio tracks. Among commentaries, documentaries, deleted scenes and outtakes are two brand new interviews, one with production manager Ron Bozman and the other with actor Teri McMinn.
Features are detailed below...
Disc 1: Main Feature
- Anamorphic Widescreen
- English 1.0 Original Mono, 2.0 Stereo and 5.1 Surround
- English subtitles (Main Feature)
- Commentary with director Tobe Hooper , cinematographer Daniel Pearl and ‘Leatherface’ himself Gunnar Hansen
- Commentary with actors Marilyn Burns, Paul A. Partain, Allen Danziger and art director Robert A. Burns
Disc 2: Extra Features
- ’Off the Hook’ – an interview with Teri McMinn (17mins)
- Interview with Production Manager Ron Bozman (16:25mins)
- ’The Shocking Truth’ documentary (72:48mins)
- A tour of the TSCM house with Gunnar Hansen (8:02mins)
- ’Shocking Truth’ outtakes (7:33mins)
Disc 3: Extra Features
- ’Flesh Wounds’ documentary (71:38mins)
- Interview with director Tobe Hooper (13:46mins)
- Interview with writer Kim Henkel (8:25mins)
- Additional footage, outtakes and deleted scenes (27:44mins)
- Trailers, TV and radio spots (6:02mins)
- Posters, lobby cards and stills gallery
- Dr. W.E. Barnes Presents 'Making Grandpa' (Stills)