The Simpsons: First Season on DVD soon
Great news for all you Simpsons fans out there! 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment have announced that they will be releasing the entire First Season of The Simpsons on 25 September 2001.
The 3 Disc Box set will contain all 13 episodes from the first season and retail for $39.98.
Because the First Season only ran for 13 episodes, Fox will be cramming the discs with a whole bunch of extra material. Full details of what will be on the set are not available at this time, but from what we are led to believe, expect to find the following tasty treats... mmmmmm, chocolate...
- The original shorts that debuted on `The Tracey Ullman Show'
- Never-before-seen lost episode.
- Albert Brooks Outtakes
- Commentary Track for each Episode
- The BBC special -'America's First Family'
- ABC News Special Report on the Bart Simpson T-shirt controversy
- Original scripts
- Early sketches, magazine covers and stills.
- Foreign-language clips
Not only this, but you can expect to find that the Second Season will be released before the end of the year, with further Seasons released at the rate of 2 per year.