The Chronicles of Riddick R2 DC in September
Universal Pictures have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of The Chronicles of Riddick (Director’s Cut) for 19th September 2005 priced at £19.99. The Director’s Cut takes fans beyond the movie experience with 14 additional minutes of footage not seen in cinemas, including a new character and never-seen-before visual effects.
Features on the two-disc set include...
Disc 1: Main Feature
- 2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- English DD5.1 Surround
- English HOH subtitles
- Director’s commentary – with writer/director David Twohy, actors Karl Urban and Alexa Davalos
- Deleted scenes – five minutes of never-seen-before deleted scenes (New Bonus)
- Riddick Insider On Off – The movie comes alive as character details, background on the mythology characters, planetary guides and more behind-the-story information is displayed in real time as you watch the movie!
Disc 2: Extra Features
- Virtual Guide to The Chronicles of Riddick – An interactive guide that immerses you into the Chronicles mythology from the perspective of the characters
- Creation of New Mecca – Visit New Mecca on Helion Prime and explore this futuristic world from concepts to completion. Features interviews with Dame Judi Dench and Keith David (New Bonus)
- Toomb’s Chase Log – Track the hunt for Riddick from Toomb’s perspective and follow the action leading up to the opening scene of the movie
- Visual Effects Revealed – A play-by-play breakdown of the most complex and compelling visual FX in The Chronicles of Riddick
- Riddick’s Worlds – An interactive 360 view of the sets and Vin Diesel guided tour (New Bonus)
- Interactive Production Calendar – Take an insider look at life on the set. Watch the action unfold day by day with this exclusive feature (New Bonus)
- Riddick Rises – Learn about Riddick’s past, present and future including an in-depth view of his training, weapons of choice and more. Also includes interviews with Vin Diesel and writer/director David Twohy, Alexa Davalos and look a behind-the-scenes at the sets and visual effects (New Bonus)
- Keep What you Kill – Discover how the Necromonger Empire has mastered the art of war, learn their dark secrets, their strategies, and witness their powers and fighting prowess. Includes cast interviews with Lord Marshal, Purifier, Vaako and Dame Vaako (New Bonus)
Film (C) 2004 Universal Studios. All Rights reserved. Artwork (C) 2004 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.