The Big Boss (Platinum Edition) in October - Menus added
Hong Kong Legends have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of The Big Boss (Platinum Edition) for 23rd October 2006 priced at £19.99. Bruce Lee tears up the screen in this seminal martial arts film that introduced his magnetic charisma and ground breaking fight choreography to the world and was instrumental in creating the legend that he ultimately became.
Now THE BIG BOSS is presented with a new high-definition transfer that showcases the movie like never before and explores, through a raft of brand new special features, how Bruce Lee returned to Hong Kong having failed to crack America, only to become an international star through the film.
Features on this two-disc set include…
Disc 1: Main Feature
- Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
- Cantonese Mono and Stereo
- English Stereo
- English and Dutch subtitles
- Audio commentary by Andrew Staton and Will Johnston
Disc 2: Extra Features
- Paul Heller: Breaking The West (16mins)
- Fred Weintraub: A Rising Star (15mins)
- Tom Kuhn: What Might Have Been (10mins)
- The History Of The Big Boss – a photographic retrospective (15mins)
- Deleted Scenes Examined – the story of the elusive original uncut print (10mins)
- Bruce Lee biography
- Trailers (UK Platinum, UK promotional, original theatrical, Hong Kong promotional, rare uncut 8 mm UK trailer)
- Original 35 mm UK title sequence
- Textless 35 mm title sequence
- Original lobby cards
Artwork and menus follow...