Superman Movies Collection in October
Warner Home Video have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of The Complete Superman Collection for 17th October 2005 priced at £29.99. All four blockbuster films from the phenomenally successful series starring Christopher Reeve will be presented together in a collector's box set.
Superman III and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace will be available for the first time on DVD in the UK, completing the line-up of films starring Christopher Reeve as the man of steel. The set includes the previously released special edition of the first film that's packed with hours of enhanced content...
- Audio commentary by director Richard Donner & creative consultant Tom Mankiewicz
- 10 Added Scenes ("Restored Scenes" - Jump to scenes via phantom chapters)
- 3 Documentaries
- "The Magic Behind The Cape" - A look at the opticals, flying tests and other special effects that were created for Superman including interviews with the effects supervisor and unit director (23 minutes)
- Making Superman: Filming the Legend" - A behind-the-scenes view of how it all came together including interviews with director Richard Donner, Margot Kidder, Christopher Reeve and others (30 minutes)
- Taking Flight: The Development of Superman" - The trial-and-error to make a man "fly" and other filming breakthroughs. New interviews with the stars and the film's creators are included (30 minutes)
- Screen Tests - Those who did and didn't get the part, with a commentary by the casting director
- 2 additional deleted scenes
- Additional music cues, TV spot, Trailers, Storyboard to Screen (DVD ROM only)
All of the films have been digitally remastered and presented in widescreen (2.35:1) anamorphic picture and stereo sound. A theatrical trailer will accompany each film.