Sanctum in June
Universal Pictures have announced the US DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Sanctum on 7th June 2011. Follow father and son underwater cave divers and their team as they embark on an epic expedition into the heart of one of the world’s largest, most remote and treacherous caverns. When a sudden storm seals off their only known exit, the team is forced to delve deeper and deeper in search of their escape; can they survive, or will they be trapped forever?
Available on DVD, Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D, features are outlined below…
Extras (DVD, Blu-ray & Blu-ray 3D)
- Commentary with Director Alister Grierson
- Commentary with Co-Writer/Producer Andrew Wight
- Commentary with Actor Rhys Wakefield
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (in HD on Blu-ray sets)
- Sanctum: The Real Story - A look at the terrifying real-life adventure that inspired the film, plus a look behind the scenes of the making of Sanctum. (in HD on Blu-ray sets)
- How It Began
- Making The Movie
- In the Aftermath
Extras (Blu-ray & Blu-ray 3D Exclusive)
- Digital Copy
- BD-Live / Pocket BLU app
- Nullarbor Dreaming (HD) - A documentary that follows a team of cave divers and their fateful exploration of a giant cave system in Western Australia.
All versions feature English and Spanish 5.1 audio and English SDH and Spanish subtitles. On Blu-ray the English audio is DTS-HD MA, and the Spanish is DTS Surround.
Universal have also announced the UK DVD, Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D release of Sanctum to arrive a week later on 13th June 2011. RRP on the different versions are £19.99, £24.99 and £29.99 respectively. Just like the US release the Blu-ray 3D set will include 2D and 3D Blu-ray presentations + a digital copy of the film.
Extras appear to be roughly the same with deleted scenes, feature commentary and Sanctum: The Real Story listed.