Redemption in May
Anchor Bay UK have announced the Region 2 DVD release of Redemption for 16th May 2005 priced at £14.99. Jamie Foxx stars as Stan ‘Tookie' Williams, co-founder and leader of the notorious Los Angeles gang, the Crips. Once the most feared man on the streets of LA, Williams' reign of terror is finally brought to an end when he is convicted of four counts of murder and placed on death row at the infamous San Quentin prison. Even behind bars, he continues his legacy of violence until, during an extended stay in solitary confinement, he reflects upon his life of crime. Regretting his past actions, Williams determines to stop the violence he helped create and, with the help of a sympathetic journalist, Barbara Becnel, the former killer and gangbanger embarks on a crusade to bring to an end the bloodshed of gang warfare.
- 2.0 stereo plus optional 5.1 and DTS
- Optional SDH subtitles
- Audio commentary by director Vondie Curtis-Hall, film editor Terilyn Shropshire and co-producer Barbara Becnel
- "World's Deadliest Gangs" featurette
- "Street Gangs of LA" interactive map
- Film notes and biographies