Mrs. Doubtfire & Big Family Fun Editions (R2) in October
Fox Home Entertainment have announced the UK “Family Fun Edition” Region 2 DVD releases of Mrs. Doubtfire and Big on 22nd October 2007.
Mrs. Doubtfire - Special features include:
- The Improvisation of Mrs. Doubtfire – never-before-seen material of improvising several different scenes on set – watch the various takes then compare them to the final scene that made it to the film.
- “From Man to Mrs.: The Evolution of Mrs. Doubtfire” – a new documentary created as an insider’s look at what it took to create this character.
- Make-up Gallery & 5 Makeup Tests – watch make-up tests for the Mrs. Doubtfire character and improvising with various actors that took place during these tests.
- Animation Studio: “A Conversation with Legendary Animator Chuck Jones”; Original Pencil Test; Final Animation Sequence with Alternate Backgrounds – through this interview with the animator see how the animation sequence at the beginning of the film came to be made.
- “Aging Gracefully” – includes new interview material looking back at our loveable Mrs. Doubtfire.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes – see more hysterical moments of this heartwarming film that didn’t make it into the original cut
Big - Special features include:
- Deleted Scenes with Introductions by Director Penny Marshall – this selection of scenes that didn’t make it to the big screen can be watched with introductions by the film’s director Penny Marshall.
- “Big Beginnings” Featurette” – a brand new “making of” featurette that focuses on the pre-production aspects of the film.
- “Chemistry of a Classic” Featurette – another new featurette, this piece tells the “making of” story from the director’s and writer’s point-of-view.
- “The Work of Play” Featurette” – wonder what it is like to be a toy designer just like the film’s character? This new featurette talks with real life individuals who design toys.
- “Backstory: Big” Featurette – this is an A&E piece created and aired at the time of the original theatrical release of the film.
- Audio Documentary by Gary Ross and Anne Spielberg on creating BIG – actual audio recording sessions from the writing/brainstorming sessions the writers (Ross and Spielberg) undertook when writing the script.