MGM November line-up
MGM Home Entertainment have announced their UK Region 2 DVD release schedule for November 2003 that looks a little something like this...
10th November 2003: A range of classic titles are given the special edition treatment.
The Pink Panther Film Collection is a superb six disc box set comprising: The Pink Panther, A Shot in the Dark, The Pink Panther Strikes Again, Revenge of The Pink Panther, Trail of the Pink Panther and a 3 hour bonus disc of in-depth Special Features. Retail is £59.99.
The set will be packaged in a highly-collectable gatefold box designed by hip artist of the moment ‘SHAG’. This deluxe box features an exclusive fold-out mural of the characters in a stylised and amusing animated setting in lush pink and purples.
Special Features on The Pink Panther disc include:
- Audio Commentary with director Blake Edwards
- Trivia Track
- Original Theatrical Trailer (and featured on all feature discs)
- Inside The Pink Panther - New documentary
- That’s Panthertainment - Vintage 1978 special – includes outtakes and deleted scenes
- Behind the Feline: Cartoon Phenomenon – New documentary focusing on the cartoon creation
- Six of the best Pink Panther cartoons including Academy Award Winner The Pink Phink
- The Unknown Peter Sellers – 60 minute documentary
- The Commercial Peter Sellers - with Making Of
- Exclusive highly collectible eight page booklet
- Shots in the Dark - photo gallery
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang arrives on a digitally remastered, double disc Collector’s Edition DVD (RRP £19.99) and Limited Edition Collector’s Gift Set on 10 November 2003 (RRP £29.99).
The Collector’s Edition DVD boasts extra features including:
- ‘A Fantasmagorical Motorcar’ Featurette
- A Making Of Feature
- ‘Remembering Chitty Chitty Bang Bang’ With Dick Van Dyke
- Vintage Featurettes
- Interactive Games
- Read And Sing-Along Options
- Region 2 Exclusive: Extracts From ‘The Making Of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang The Musical’
- And Much Much More!
West Side Story - One of the truly great musicals of all time will be released to buy as a two-disc special edition DVD featuring digitally remastered picture and sound for the retail price of £19.99. The DVD extras reveal more about the making of the film and take the viewer behind the scenes of performances of the spectacular songs including “America,” “Maria,” “I Feel Pretty,” “I Have a Love” and “Tonight.” – PLUS Natalie Wood’s never-before-heard original vocal recordings.
Available for a limited period in exclusive packaging with 200 page collector’s book. (RRP £24.99), unlocking the sectrets from behind the film.
Fiddler on the Roof arrives as a two-disc special edition with a retail price of £19.99 and the following bonus features...
- Director Norman Jewison’s Audio Commentary
- Theatrical Trailer
- Documentary on the Making of Fiddler on the Roof
- Norman Jewison Looks Back: A series of Five Featurettes
- On Directing
- Strongest Memory
- Biggest Challenge
- On Casting
- A Classic!
- Deleted Song: Any Day Now
- Tevye’s Dream In Full Colour:
- The Dream Sequence in Full Colour with a director introduction
- Side by Side Comparison
- The Stories of Sholam Aleichem:
- The Bubble Bursts
- Modern Children
- Historical Background Documentary with photographs by Ann Weiss
- Storyboard to Film Comparison:
- Introduction to Miracle of Miracles
- Tevye’s Dream
- Lazar Wolf and Tevye
- Five Trailers – including original teasers and TV Spots
- Easter Egg: The Tale of The Beggar
- Production Materials – including original press book + international release posters
- Photographic Production Diary
- Original Production Notes
- Production and Design Storyboards
Nicholas Nickleby, from writer/director Douglas Mcgrath, will also arrive as a two-disc special edition with a retail price of £19.99. Features on this set include:
- Audio commentary with MCGRATH
- “The Life of Charles Dickens – A Mirror to his Work” – documentary
- Making of feature entitled “Creating a Classic”
- “The Cast on the Cast” featuring interviews
- “Views on the Set” – multi-angled feature on 5 key scenes
- Behind the scenes photo gallery
- Theatrical trailer
On 17th November 2003 you will be able to pick up two family titles for the retail price of £12.99 each. In An All Dogs Christmas Carol there are animated antics with the favourite characters from All Dogs Go To Heaven films, and in Prancer a young girl tends a wounded reindeer.
On the 24th November 2003 MGM will unleash Agent Cody Banks on special edition DVD for the retail price of £19.99. Features on the disc include:
- Audio Commentary with Frankie Muniz, Angie Harmon and Harald Zwart
- Deleted Scenes
- 2 x Easter Eggs
- Mini Featurettes:
- Creating Cody’s World
- Developing Agent Cody Banks
- Posting Cody Banks
- Director’s Diary
- Frankie Muniz Going Big
- Agent Action
- How to Talk to Girls
- Cool Make-Up Tricks from Hilary Duff
- Storyboard to Film Comparisons
- Multi-Camera Sequences
- Theatrical Trailer
- Agent Cody Banks 2 Teaser
Rounding out the announcements from MGM we also have news of a new buy one get one free promotion...
From 3 November 2003, consumers will be able to buy one Bond Special Edition DVD for £19.99 (RRP) and receive another Bond DVD of their choice for free – including for the first time ever, the record-breaking, recent chart-topping, action-packed Die Another Day.
The ultimate Bond DVD collection of all 20 007 movies will also be available to buy in a cool and stylish DVD Box Set for £199 (RRP).