Journey to the Center of the Earth (R1) in October - Updated
Warner Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Journey to the Center of the Earth on 28th October 2008 priced at $28.98 SRP. On a quest to find out what happened to his missing brother, a scientist, his nephew and their mountain guide discover a fantastic and dangerous lost world in the centre of the earth.
The first 'shipment' will feature both 2-D and 3-D versions of the film on a single-disc, all subsequent/replenishment shipments will feature the 2-D version of the film only. SRP is $28.99 for both editions. UPC numbers are 794043123429 (2-D & 3-D Limited Edition) and 794043125843 (2-D Standard Edition).
2-D & 3-D LE - A double-sided disc includes both 2-D and 3-D versions of the film (Full Screen and Widescreen 2-D versions on Side A, Widescreen 3-D version on Side B) with 4 pairs of 3-D glasses provided. Features include:
- English and Spanish DD5.1 Surround
- English and Spanish subtitles
- Commentary by Brendan Fraser and director Eric Brevig
- A World Within Our World: Various Historical “Hollow Earth Theories” about what lies beneath our planet’s crust
- Being Josh: Profiling 12-year old co-star Josh Hutcherson
- How to make Dinosaur drool
- Adventure at the Center of the Earth challenge
2-D Standard Edition - A dual-layer single-sided disc includes both widescreen and full screen presentations of the 2-D version of the film. Audio options and extras are the same as above.
Artwork is basically the same for both editions, the only difference being a slipcase box for the 3-D LE and standard amaray for the 2-D only edition...