I, Robot (R2) in December
Fox Home Entertainment have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of I, Robot for 3rd December 2004. Will Smith stars in this sci-fi action thriller brought to you by director Alex Proyas. Arriving in both single-disc (£17.99) and R1 beating double-disc (£24.99) special edition forms the features are as follows...
- 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- English DD5.1 & DTS 5.1 Surround
- English HOH subtitles
- Commentary by Director Alex Proyas and Screenwriter Akiva Goldsman
- Commentary by Production Designer Patrick Tatopoulis; Editor Richard Learoyd; Visual Effects Supervisor John Nelson; Associate Producer John Kilkenny; Animation Supervisor - Andrew Jones of Digital Domain; Visual Effects Supervisors Brain Van’t Hul & Joe Letteri of Weta Digital; Erik Nash of Digital Domain; Dale Fay of Rainmaker; Lead CG Supervisor Eric Saindon of Weta Digital and Erik Winquist of Weta Digital
- Commentary by composer Marco Beltrami
- The Making of I,Robot (12:36)
- Still Gallery (30 Images)
- Inside Look featuring Alien Vs Predator; 24 and Elektra
Special Features Disc 2:
- Anamorphic Widescreen
- English subtitles
- Day Out of Days: The I,Robot Production Diaries (96:18)
- CGI and Design (34:24)
- Sentient Machines: Robotic Behaviour (35:07)
- Three Laws Safe: Conversations about Science Fiction & Robots (30:30)
- Deleted Scenes (6:38)
- Visual Effects breakdowns (14:15)
And for the collector's out there, Amazon UK are taking orders for an exclusive I, Robot: Two Disc Limited Edition Collector's Tin which comes housed in a custom embossed metal tin, with four movie artcards and a holographic sticker (as pictured below).
Art for the single and double disc editions follow...
Here we have menu screens from disc one of the special edition...
And menu screens from the bonus disc which comes fully subtitled for hard of hearing viewers. Worthy of note is that all extra content (bar that found in the Filmmakers Toolbox section) features an introduction by director Alex Proyas, which can be viewed separately or with menu links to the subsequent segments of the bonus feature you're about to view...