Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (R1) in July - Art/Specs Update
New Line Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay on 29th July 2008. John Cho and Kal Penn return as Harold and Kumar, two stoners who can’t seem to get a break. In this new adventure the boys get themselves in trouble trying to sneak a bong onboard a flight to Amsterdam. Now, being suspected of terrorism, they are forced to run from the law and try to find a way to prove their innocence. What follows is an irreverent and epic journey of deep thoughts, deeper inhaling and a wild trip around the world that is as “un-PC” as it gets.
Available in separate Rated Theatrical Cut (101mins, Single Disc, $27.95 SRP) and Unrated (107mins, Two-Disc SE, $34.99 SRP) editions, features are detailed below…
Single-Disc Theatrical Cut - A barebones release featuring the 101min R rated theatrical cut presented in 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen with English DD5.1 EX and DD2.0 Stereo Surround, and English and Spanish subtitles.
Two-Disc Unrated Cut - The 107min Unrated cut is featured on this two-disc set along with extras and a bonus digital copy of the film for you to use on your iTunes and Windows Media compatible computer or portable device.
- 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- English DD5.1 EX and DD2.0 Stereo Surround
- English and Spanish subtitles
- Bonus Digital Copy
- Dude, Change the Movie! – Interactive Feature allowing you to select from new and alternate scenes to change the course of the film
- Commentary with the director and stars
- Commentary with the director, the real “Harold Lee” and the guy who plays George W. Bush
- ”The World of Harold and Kumar” Featurette
- 27 Additional Scenes
- Bush PSA