Hancock (R2) in December
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Hancock on 1st December 2008. Directed by Peter Berg, Hancock stars Will Smith as a sarcastic hard-living and misunderstood superhero who has fallen out of favour with the public. When Hancock grudgingly agrees to an extreme makeover from idealistic publicist Ray Embrey (Jason Bateman), his life and reputation rise from the ashes and all seems right again – until he meets a woman with similar powers to his and the key to his secret past. Charlize Theron also stars.
Hancock is available as both a single disc (£19.99 RRP) DVD release containing the original UK theatrical version and as a double disc special edition (£22.99 RRP) which features an extended cut of the main feature plus extensive bonus materials.
Single-Disc Edition: - A barebones release with the theatrical version of the film presented in 2.40:1 anamorphic widescreen with English DD5.1 Surround audio and English, English HOH and Hindi subtitles. There is also an English Audio Description track.
Two-Disc Special Edition - Includes both the theatrical and extended versions of the film with the following features:
- 2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- English and Czech DD5.1 Surround
- English Audio Description
- Subtitles (Main Feature): English, English HOH, Czech, Dutch, Hindi and Slovak
- Subtitles (Extra Features): English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch and Portuguese
- Superhumans: The Making of Hancock behind-the-scenes documentary
- Seeing the Future - takes eight scenes from the actual film footage or B-roll footage and shows side by side comparisons of the conception during the pre-visualization creation
- Building a Better Hero special effects featurette
- Bumps and Bruises - breakdown of action sequences in the film
- Mere Mortals: Behind the Scenes with ‘Dirty Pete.’ - Interview with director Peter Berg
- Home Life - - Shows via time lapse photography the building of the homes and buildings used in the film
- Suiting Up - featurette on the film’s costume design
- Digital copy of the theatrical cut for consumers to play on their PC or PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) System